PSN IT Health Check
The PSN (Public Services Network) is the government’s high-performance network, which helps public sector organisations work together, reduce duplication and share resources.
We offer full penetration testing and IT Health Check services to assist with your PSN CoCo (Code of Connection) submission. We regularly work with councils to perform ITHC’s for PSN compliance.
The PSN CoCo (Public Sector Networks Code of Connection) require regular annual IT Health Checks to be conducted and submitted for compliance.
The ITHC typically involves a sample of the external and internal systems in use.
We are able to conduct an ITHC to assist with your PSN compliance, examples of the most common tests are listed below:
- Internal penetration testing/vulnerability testing
- Internal vulnerability testing, infrastructure, build reviews, network configuration reviews and application penetration testing
- External penetration testing
- External vulnerability testing, infrastructure and application penetration testing
Armadillo Sec are a CREST certified testing body and we are accredited to operate as a CHECK service provider. All of our testers are certified by CREST and our senior consultants are certified by CREST to the highest CCT Level. Our testers are also CHECK Team Leaders (CTL’s) or CHECK Team Members (CTM’s) and are approved to conduct government CHECK testing.
Our team have many years experience conducting a broad range of government and commercial tests and always aim to go the extra mile for our customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
All our testers are certified by CREST and our senior consultants are certified by CREST to the highest CCT level.
|CREST Certifications||Certified Testers|
|Practitioner Security Analysts||Yes|
|Registered Penetration Testers||Yes|
|Certified Web Application Testers||Yes|
|Certified Infrastructure Testers||Yes|
Our CREST member status can be viewed, along with the certified tester types we have on the below link:
Our testers are also CHECK Team Leaders (CTL's) or CHECK Team Members (CTM's) and are approved to conduct government CHECK testing.
|CHECK Status||Certified Testers|
|CHECK Team Member (CTM)||Yes|
|CHECK Team Leader (CTL) - Infrastructure||Yes|
|CHECK Team Leader (CTL) - Applications||Yes|
Our CHECK status can be viewed on the below link:
The PSN CoCo (Code of Connection) requires a recent IT Health Check report to be submitted along with the CoCo every 12 months.
PSN IT Health Checks/penetration testing prices are based on the number of hosts/systems/networks that are required to be scanned, and if the systems are externally facing to the Internet and/or if internal to your network, therefore there is not an off-the-shelf price for PSN IT Health Checks.
For each project we will technically scope your requirements and establish the time needed to complete the work. We will then provide a detailed proposal and breakdown of costs and options.
We supply a full penetration testing report for the PSN ITHC, which covers the following:
- Executive management summary - Non technical overview of issues for management board level
- Detailed technical findings - A complete list of all issues identified
- Affected hosts - A list of all hosts affected, including the associated network port
- Risk level - Impact, likelihood and overall risk ratings are listed for each issue
- Examples - Output or screenshots to demonstrate the issue
- Recommendations - Recommendations of how to remediate the issues, including any reference to documents that can assist
A sample report can be supplied upon request.
We have a full methodology for all testing services we provide, which is supplied with each project proposal. This outlines the testing steps and all the requirements in order to deliver the test.